Brandon Liu (one of many) 劉知岳
I develop independent projects and do technical consulting. I lived previously San Diego, Berkeley, San Francisco. I'm currently in either New York, or Taipei, Taiwan.
Right now I'm interested in
Around the web
- Creative and unexpected uses of information.
- Geographic Information Systems, computer graphics, systems programming.
- Computer software for the city.
- Participatory mapping and cartography.
- Open source, copyright and the public domain.
- CJK localization.
You can email me, yell at me on Twitter, or find me on Wikipedia and OpenStreetMap.
What I've been doing
- 2019 — Started Protomaps, a new interactive mapping company.
- 2014 - 2019 — Freelance development for various clients:
- 2014 — Started Cadmapper - generative 3D city and terrain models for architectural site visualization and animation.
- 2013 — Started StackMachine, a Y Combinator summer '13 company.
- 2012 - 2013 — worked at Pivotal Labs in San Francisco.
- 2012 — Volunteer at Obama for America Tech Field Office.
- 2011 — Graduated from UC Berkeley with a BA in Computer Science.
- 2010 — College internship, Site Reliability at Google.
- 2009 — Lead developer for Weardrobe, a fbFund accelerator '09 company.